Sunday, August 2, 2009

Slow Cooked BBQ Sandwiches

WOW!!!!
It has been an extremely long time since I have posted a cooking blog! What is the reason you ask???? Well, I haven't been cooking as much. I don't know what happened, but we have been eating out a lot more than usual. I think being busy has something to do with it. Being lazy might have more to do with it :)

Well, today, I made some delicious BBQ sandwiches, so I thought it was worth breaking the trend of not blogging about cooking. I was pleasantly surprised at how all of the ingredients came together to make some yummy goodness. I have no pics, oh well.

Oh, and don't get used to this. School is starting soon, so I highly doubt that I will have much time to cook, let alone blog about cooking. But who knows...

Ingredients (all measurements are approximate because I didn't actually measure)
- 3 lb round roast or chuck roast
- 1 cup beef boullion
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons worcheshire (sp??) sauce
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinagerette (I'm convinced that this is the key ingredient)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- t tablespoon garlic powder

Directions: Place the roast in a slow cooker. Combine all of the other ingredients and pour over the round roast. Cook on low 8-10 hours. About an hour before serving, shred the beef and cook on low for another hour. Serve on kaiser rolls or buns. We are going to use the leftovers for some nachos :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment