Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How about some soup?


Wow, it's been super long since I have updated this blog... yikes! Well, I guess I should share a recipe, so how about Chicken Noodle soup. If anyone has variations, share them!

I got this one from my mom and it is yummy!

- 1 whole chicken cut up (it comes with gizzards but I get rid of them).
- 1 large package of Grandma Noodles (in the frozen section)
- 4/5 sticks of celery- sliced
- 4/5 carrots- sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- spices- Seasoned salt, pepper, salt. You could also add some thyme, basil, marjoram and garlic powder... whatever floats your boat... just taste as you go. I also added some chicken boullion this time.

Fill a big pot with water (pretty full) and bring it to a boil. While it is boiling, tear the skin off of the chicken (wow, that sounds morbid). Once it is boiling, add the chicken pieces and turn the heat down. Let the chicken cook for about 30 minutes.

Once the chicken is cooked, take the pieces out and set them aside to cool. Skim the fat off of the top of the water and bring the water to a boil. Add all the other ingredients and turn heat down. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, rip up the pieces so that they are bite size and add them back to the water. Cook everything until the veggies and noodles are done.

I will be the first to admit that it is not fun handling a whole, raw chicken. But, it is totally worth it because the soup is delicious and it can feed a lot of people, or two people many times. I love having leftovers!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love how your husband rates your food! My bf is either a yes or no... Pretty picky eater... Soup is always good... you can never go wrong...

    ReplyDelete